Martedì, Novembre 15, 2011
• Join one of Australia’s leading economics schools
• Full-time and continuing: $102K-$121.2K p.a.
• Excellent benefits to support your ongoing development
The University of Sydney is Australia's first University with an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence, and employs over 7500 staff supporting over 49,000 students.
The School of Economics is located in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. We have a diverse range of teaching and research interests and teach courses to students undertaking broadly based social science and business degrees, as well as those training as professional economists.
We invite applications from outstanding econometrics candidates for up to three Lecturer positions (equivalent of Assistant Professor). All the roles are permanent (equivalent to tenured).
In these roles the successful applicants will:
• teach a range of subjects across the undergraduate and postgraduate economics programs
• supervise research higher degree students
• make a contribution to the research strengths of the faculty, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
• contribute to the faculty's expanding program of professional collaboration
• contribute to academic administration.
To be successful you will possess:
• a completed or near complete PhD in Economics
• expertise in econometrics (with preference for the subfields of time series econometrics, panel data econometrics, and non-parametric estimation)
• some evidence of teaching and research experience
• a promising research trajectory with potential to publish in leading economics journals and attract competitive research funding
• the ability to supervise honours students
• evidence of teamwork experience and a collegial approach to working with others.
• publications in leading international journals
• demonstrated contributions to the university, discipline, profession and community.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/positions and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2011 (11.30pm, Sydney time)